Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Stories....

Hey everyone, it's a pleasure to talk to you. Storytelling has been always a dream of mine. Knowing that I'm not good at it has prevented me from trying it publicly. But I don't want to wait anymore. Encouraged by the the beautiful blog of my friend Maya and the persistence pushing of my family I take this dangerous step: To let flow, or rather sicker the drops of thoughts....
To search for meaning in realm of nature seems to be in vain. As humans, we have to postulate. Human history seems to me to be constituted by stories, some good, some bad, but all just stories, or that is at least how and what we know about it. Evolution has endowed us and our imaginative ancestors to use thinking and language. To look for meaning outside of its human and individual context would be perhaps disappointing, but language had taken us somewhere, where?, I don't know. But I, for myself, would not exchange the ability to think and to utter words and sounds for any of the the other "wonders" of life and universe.
They are drops, not waves and streams, of thoughts that do really happen inside this mass of living stuff, called brain. It hasn't giving me more of the poetic power of the other fellow humans which has made me feel at home in this tiny human house in an undisclosed location of the universe(s), but they are drops anyway of the same nature... Looking forward talking to you.

No comments: